Carroll County Library General Circulation Policy
9:00 – 5:30 Monday – Thursday
9:00 – 5:00 Friday
9:00 – 12:00 Saturday
We will be happy to issue you a library card. In order to obtain a card:
- Patron must live or work in Carroll County.
- Patron must present one form of identification with current mailing address.
- Applicant must give a reference name and telephone number of someone who does not live in the same household, but knows how to contact you.
- Patron must fill out a library card application form and Title VI demographic data form (optional) that is forwarded to the state annually.
- LIBRARY CARD MUST BE PRESENTED EACH TIME A BOOK IS CHECKED OUT.
- There will be a $1.00 fee to replace the first lost card. All lost cards after that will be $5.00 each.
- First check-out:
- There is a 2 book limit on all first time check-outs
- No videos, audios, CDs or DVDs can be checked out at first time check-outs.
- Books are due after two weeks; they may be renewed by telephone if the caller provides the author and title.
- We ask that you do not renew books on the reserve list.
- There is an outside book drop for your convenience. For Books only.
- 2 book limit per subject and author.
- Overdue fines are 5 cents per book per day with a maximum charge of $5.00 a book.
- Additional books cannot be checked out until books are returned or paid for and fines are paid.
- Patrons may reserve any book that is checked out. They will be called when the book is returned. After patron has been called, the book will be held for three days.
- Videos/DVDs may be checked out by patrons 18 and over.
- Three videos/DVDs per household may be checked out for a two-night period.
- Videos/DVDs cannot be renewed over the phone.
- There will be an overdue charge of $1.00 per video/DVD per day.
- Materials must be returned in good condition. In case of loss, theft, or damage, the patron will be charged the full replacement cost of the item. No further loans will be made until payment has been received.
- Items may not be duplicated.
- The library is not responsible for damage to patron’s VCR/DVD player by a library owned cassette/DVD.
- Copyright laws limit these items to home use only.
- DO NOT PUT VIDEOS/DVDs IN THE BOOKDROP. THERE WILL BE A CHARGE OF $1.00 FOR EACH VIDEO/DVD FOUND IN THE BOOKDROP.
- The loan period is for two weeks. These cannot be renewed.
- Three audiobooks/CDs per household may be borrowed at one time.
- Items must be returned in good condition. In case of loss, theft, or damage the patron will be charged the full replacement cost of the item(s). No further loans will be made until payment is received.
- Items may not be duplicated.
- The library is not responsible for damage to patron’s audiocassette/CD player by the library owned audiocassette/CD.
- DO NOT PUT AUDIOBOOKS/CDs IN THE BOOKDROP. THERE WILL BE A CHARGE OF $1.00 FOR EACH AUDIO/CD FOUND IN THE BOOKDROP.
- If we do not have the book you want, let us know and we will try to borrow it for you free of charge from another library.
- Patron is responsible for replacement cost of lost interlibrary loan materials.
- Patrons must have a valid library card or photo I.D.
- Patrons must read and abide by the Internet rules.
- Patrons are required to check in at the desk before using the computer.
- Students are granted their first ten pages of printing
- Parents or guardians are responsible for monitoring their minor child under the age of 12, at the library internet workstation by sitting with them at the computer. Children ages 12-17 must have a verified parent or guardian’s signature on file at the library in order to get on the computer. The library is not responsible for any objectionable content accessed on the internet.
- Printing from the library computers is $.25 per page. Once you select the print option, the staff at the circulation desk will inform you how many pages you will be printing and you must prepay. The staff will then release the printer.
- Faxes are to be prepaid at $.50 per page.